Monday, September 14, 2009

Assignment #1

1. I believe that media is definitely an important part of my life. Without media i wouldn't be the same person i am today. the media defines us as the people we are, through music, television, and movies.





2. The types of media that i am most passionate about are books, music, and movies. Books are an important thing to me because i spend most of my time reading. reading books is a prominent form of entertainment for me. Music is an important thing in the media. Different types of music allow you to create you own personal style, and help you decide what you like. Movies are important; they are there to entertain and tell a story. I enjoy feeling like yo are in another world for two hours, living along side other peoples lives until the movie is finished. The tree types of media that are most important to me are books, music, and movies.





3. The media has become a huge part of our pop culture. I think that we have become obsessed with the media recently because new sites like facebook and twitter allow us to live our lives on the Internet. the technology used for communicating is amazing. The technology allows us to talk or interact with people half way around the world, which is amazing. I dislike parts of the media that isn't necessary, like twitter. I use the media for information, communication, and entertainment.



4. One part of the media that i am most passionate about is book. My favourite books are anything by Gregory McGuire, Anne Rice, and Charlaine Harrison. I spend alot of time reading and i often get attached to the characters. I think books are a very important form of the media. Books tell us interesting stories about love, loss, anger, and death. books also let us use our own imagination; we decide what the characters look, and dress like, we imagine the house they live in or the landscape they walk on. Even though books aren't a "new" invention, or a new kind of technology, I believe they are the most important for of the media.

1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised by the Anne Rice, Michelle. I didn't see you as a vampire fan.

    Also, have you commented yet on others' blogs? I know you were having trouble getting to some sites, but now most students should have started following their own to make them accessible.

    ReplyDelete